_ 2013 OFFICIAL RULES
- Tournament is from 12:00 noon to 3:00pm on Saturday, February 23, 2013. Participants may enter contest area at 10:00am. Absolutely NO fishing prior to 12:00 noon. A signal will indicate the beginning of the contest.
- Entry Fee is $15.00 if purchased prior to 7pm, February 22nd, 2013 and $25.00 if purchased the day of the tournament. NO refunds will be issued for any reason. In the event of contest cancellation, the contest will be rescheduled for the following Sunday, same time.
- In the event of a lost, stolen or destroyed ticket, the contestant must purchase a replacement ticket.
- Participants are limited to 1 hole and 1 line per ticket with a maximum of 2 tickets per person. All participants must have tickets visible at all times.
- Participants may change holes during contest, but may not drill their own holes. Ice chisels ARE allowed. Ice augers ARE NOT allowed.
- The Prizes will be awarded based solely on the weight and registration time of an individual fish, with the 10th heaviest fish being awarded 10th prize(this being our grand prize for the 10th year.) then 1st on down. The earliest registered fish will determine the prize awarded in the event of a tie. Judges decision is FINAL. Major prizes will be given for 1st, 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, and 25th place. Other prizes will be determined later and posted the day of the event.
- Registered fish are only eligible for the prize list of the corresponding ticket division.
- You may register as many fish as you like, but
only the heaviest fish per contestant will qualify for a competition
prize. No participant will be
eligible for more than one competition prize.
- Participants are responsible for their own safety, actions, and property at all times. Participants must be visible from all sides, at all times. No shelters are allowed within the contest area. Only see through windbreaks are permitted. The Big Lake Area Jaycees are not responsible for any personal injuries or property damage.
- Depth finders/fish locators (Vexilar, Marcum, etc.) ARE allowed. NO underwater cameras allowed.
- All fishing must be done within the contest area to be eligible for prizes.
- Any participant leaving the contest area after the start will be subject to inspection/search prior to re-entry into the contest area. Contest officials may deny re-entry of any participant at Chairman’s discretion.
- Prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, fees, and any incidental or consequential costs are the responsibility of the winners.
- Raffle tickets will be available for purchase for additional cash prizes. Raffle ticket prices will be $5.00 each with the prize drawing held at 2:30pm the day of the contest. Non-present winners will be notified by phone and/or mail and have 1 week to claim their prize.
- Upon weigh-in, fish must be alive and legal per MN fishing regulations. Any disputes on the weight of the fish must be settled at time of weigh-in. Fish must be out of the water, visible, by the contest official, and in-line at the weigh-in station by 3:00pm. A signal will indicate the end of the contest. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible.
- Participants must abide by all applicable MN and DNR laws. A valid MN fishing license is required to participate. No licenses will be available on the ice.
- No unauthorized motor vehicles will be allowed in the contest area. Handicap access and parking will be provided at the public access.
- No glass containers will be allowed on the ice and will be confiscated and forfeited to the Sherburne County Sheriff’s Department or the Big Lake Area Jaycees. Coolers are discouraged. ALL containers, coolers, sleds, bags, etc. are subject to search at any time during the contest by contest officials.
- Members of the Big Lake Area Jaycees are ineligible to fish the contest and/or for any ice fishing contest ticket random prize drawings.
- All participants and others consent to the use of any names, photos, or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television, or any other media.
- All garbage must be removed from the ice and placed in designated garbage containers. The Big Lake Area Jaycees thank you for supporting our efforts to protecting the environment and request that you remove all refuse and cigarette butts from the ice when you leave.
- Failure to comply with any of the above rules may result in disqualification from this and future contests, at the discretion of contest officials.